What’s your dream job? Why is it just a dream? If it’s just a dream and you’re not doing anything to bring yourself closer to it, then you don’t want it badly enough. If all my plumbing in the house is completely destroyed, and there is not a single drop of water in any container in the house, yet I am unbelievably thirsty, you bet your ass I’m going to start taking actionable steps to get some water. Because I want it badly. Even if I’m scared that there might not be water anywhere, I’m still going to try. Fear is not an excuse. Take actionable steps every single day towards your dream, and it won’t seem so far away. Write down your goals. Here are some of mine.
- First Screenplay sold by 2025.
- 100k business income in 2026.
- Conversational (at least B2 level) in French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Cantonese by 2027
- First Asian American best director and best picture by 2036.
These are fat lofty goals. What am I going to do about it? What actionable steps will I take?
- watch at least one french video and one Portuguese video alternating every other day
- at least 15 minutes of practice for whatever language I’m learning everyday
- write a three page screenplay everyday or add three pages to what I’m working on
- read at least thirty minutes in a book everyday
- at least ten minutes of video skills everyday (pulling focus, glide cam, gear familiarity)
- Meditate for at least ten minutes a day
These goals will stay on this page forever unless I actualize them.
These steps are quite small and might not seem like it’s enough. But look at the Grand Canyon. Drip by drip.